Back To Top

Information For Families

Information For Families

About Jacob Beam Public School

Jacob Beam, a united Empire Loyalist founded the settlement of Beamsville in 1790 and donated the land for the original schools on Queen street.

In 1859, a brick house on the corner of King and William Street became Beamsville Public School. The home was purchased for $5,000. And was known as “Henry’s Folly.” The high school occupied the house directly beside the elementary school.
In 1917, BDSS as we know it, was built and Beamsville Public used both buildings for its elementary school.

Our present school was built in 1957 behind these two buildings and the old buildings were torn down. The new school was still known as Beamsville Public. It wasn’t until 1963 that it was dedicated to the memory of Jacob Beam.

In 1960, four more rooms were added and in 1968 the gym and library wing were added.

Today Jacob Beam has a school population of 387 students with a staff of 32. We have 16 home room classes from Kindergarten to Grade 8.

Jacob Beam school has undergone many changes over the years. Wonderful memories have been created within these walls and we look forward to the continued growth we are experiencing.